- Detail Images
- Community Images
Install the WTB LaserDisc XC 28-hole Rear Wheel on your cross-country ripper and take full advantage of its low rotational weight, stiff and power-transferring construction, and smooth-spinning bearings.
- I-beam-reinforced rim with Unbendium bulge ensures a stiff and strong rim
- Triple-butted spokes keeps weight low without sacrificing strength
- Sealed cartridge bearings spin smoothly and require minimal maintenance
- Freehub body features 12 points of engagement for fast acceleration
Share your thoughts
Still a great rim!
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Since my last review we have done a 500 mile self support bike trip and moved to southern UT where this wheel has seen a lot of trail time. On the 500 miler about 70 miles of the trip was crappy dirt/washboarded roads which by its self wouldn't be too bad but being self support there was an extra 45 lbs over the rear wheel. The wheel is still true and holding up great even after a few times on the trail when I didn't have enough pressure and hit some rocks hard enough to get a double snake bite (4 holes).
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This is a great wheel but a little expensive at this price (I got it on pro deal). The wheel is very smooth, has a very quick ratchet grab, came out of the box true and stayed very true. The ratchet isn't as loud as some downhill wheels but not nearly as heavy. These have only seen limited trail milage around 100 so far but quite a bit of commuting (with lightish panniers) 1500. Next weekend we are doing a 500mile self support ride so quite a bit of weight and I'm not worried about it breaking a spoke. It sounds crazy but I swear I can feel less torque flex in the wheel compared to the stock Alex rims that came with the bike.