- Detail Images
Deploy the skeg and cruise into your next multi-day paddling tour.
Your long day paddles and overnight trips on open water just became easier and more comfortable thanks to the Wilderness Systems Zephyr 160 Touring Kayak. Intermediate and seasoned paddlers will find that this boat has all the stability and speed necessary to test their skills in the open water of the ocean or tighter inland lake chains. A spacious cockpit allows this boat to accommodate larger paddlers, and the deployable rear skeg (TruTrak Skeg System) has been updated for 2012 to help your Zephyr track straighter through all sorts of water conditions.
- Zephyr uses a shallow v-hull, shorter length, and more rocker to offer more maneuverability than similar touring boats
- Hull uses a multi-chine shape coupled with a signature v-hull design to balance secondary lateral stability with speed and straight-as-an-arrow tracking
- Increased secondary stability makes this touring craft easy to lean into a turn initially but particularly hard to capsize once deeply leaned into the water
- Phase 3XP Seating includes foam-padded seat and leglifter that are both adjustable on the fly and help to reduce thigh and lower-back fatigue
- SlideLock foot brace system accommodates paddlers of all sizes, while adjustable padded thigh braces increase cockpit comfort
- TruTrack Skeg System allows you to deploy an integrated skeg at the stern in order to increase control and help this boat track as straight as an arrow
- TruTrack Skeg deploys via a cable system that you operate from the cockpit, and the system has been updated for 2012 for easier at-home maintenance
- Watertight hatches at the bow, midship, and stern provide plenty of gear storage so you can bring enough supplies for a whole weekend (small midship hatch stores easy-to-reach sunscreen and snacks)
- Bow, midship, and stern bulkheads lock off each storage compartment so any water that enters at one hatch can’t leak or wash into the next
- Soft Touch handles and a low carry weight make it easy to transport from your car to the shore
- Bungee deck rigging also includes a reflective perimeter safety line to enhance your visibility to larger boats
- Made in the USA