An expedition boat that takes you further and faster, in supreme comfort.
In a sea of ocean kayaks all begging for your attention, the Wilderness Systems Tsunami 160 Touring Kayak stands apart with a cockpit full of ultra-comfortable features and a hull that offers blazing speed through the water. This is the boat you want for rough, offshore paddles and extended inland trips when you have plenty of gear and a tight itinerary. Novice paddlers and seasoned veterans alike will find themselves drifting away in comfort and going further with less energy—slide in and take the trip.
- Hull uses a multi-chine shape coupled with a signature v-hull design to balance secondary lateral stability with speed and straight-as-an-arrow tracking
- Increased secondary stability makes this touring craft easy to lean into a turn initially but particularly hard to capsize once deeply leaned into the water
- Phase 3XP Outfitting adds a leg-lifter, touring backband, and seatpad that contour to your body shape for comfortable paddling on weekend trips
- SlideLock foot brace system accommodates paddlers of all sizes, while adjustable padded thigh braces increase cockpit comfort
- Rudder-ready design (rudder sold separately) when you want a little more control during more lengthy trips
- Watertight hatches at the bow, midship, and stern provide plenty of gear storage so you can bring enough supplies for a whole weekend (small midship hatch stores easy-to-reach sunscreen and snacks)
- Bungee deck rigging also includes a reflective perimeter safety line to enhance your visibility to larger boats
- Soft Touch handles and a low carry weight make it easy to transport from your car to the shore
- Made in the USA