- Detail Images
An action-oriented puffy that's not all fluff.
Silky-soft, steely strength. The Westcomb Cayoosh LT Hooded Down Jacket combines windproofness and lighweight, highly compactible goose down for a super duo of warmth and protection. Add to that a luxuriously comfy yet strong and stretchy exterior, and you have a light, fast puffy suited for full-on adventure.
- Pertex Quantum is strong and lightweight and feels like sliky 5-star luxury on the skin
- Breathable, durable, wind-blocking Polartec WindPro fleece panels on the sides increase mobility and breathability, and make it easier to layer this jacket under a shell
- 850-fill durable, non-clumping Hutterite Down insulation keeps you toasty-warm without weighing you down
- 12 SPI (stitches per inch) construction means strong seams that don't interfere with down performance
- Down-filled attached athletic hood keeps your cranium warm
- Superlight 11oz weight makes it a breeze on your back
- Full CF zip with windguard keeps out the cold, wind, and rain
- Two velour-lined hand pockets prevent frigid fingers and secure essentials
Share your thoughts
Good but not complete
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
I give this jacket three stars in that it is probably a great jacket for some people, but also probably not right for most. The Cayoosh uses a super-high quality down that holds a ton of heat without extra weight or bulk. In achieving the really low weight of the jacket I think Westcomb took a few steps that make the jacket lose too much. Let me explain, most people who buy a highly technical jacket like this are probably in pretty good shape. I am 6'2 and about 180 with a pretty low bf% so I need a slim fit. I ordered a size L and while this jacket is cut pretty well (and the stretch is nice), the waist and wrist holes are really just too big. Even with the elastic on the ends the jacket had all sorts of extra fabric around the opening and that led to it being very drafty and practically unusable without another layer to cinch over-top. While a draw string would have added weight, it would have saved the jacket. Or they could just cut the thing to fit the people who will typically wear it anyway...
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
Nice, lite, highly compactable. As other reviewer wrote, not a thick/fluffy jacket but good for keeping you warm during a short break or in cool weather. Great for that extra layer while backcountry skiing. Note that there are only two pockets and they do not zip so items can fall out.
It is not as thick and fluffy as I expected. It is also not the warmest jacket in the world alone. Wearing just this jacket I am probably comfortable down to 25degrees (american). It is super light weight and very soft and comfy. I have gotten lots of complements. I wish it had a compression sack built in but sometimes i just stuff it into a pocket and it works. I did manage to tear it on a bush paintballing (i know bad idea) so its not quite indestructible. Nonetheless I would buy the same jacket again.