An estuary escape shouldn't feel like work.
- Smart-View Adjustable Ferrule uses a low-profile button and internal gear system to shift the feather angle in 15-degree increments to match your paddle stroke
- Nylon blades are reinforced with fiberglass to ensure durability and easy paddling in rivers, lakes, and bays
- Medium-surface-area blades feature a slight dihedral, or arching, shape to catch more water and yield a powerful stroke with a smooth release
- Carbon blend shaft material is the lightest weight shaft available for long, multi-day archipelago tours
- Straight shaft minimizes weight and allows easy hand arrangements for versatile paddling techniques
- Mid-sized blade fits most kayakers' size and flatwater ambitions
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
This paddle is very nice and suits my needs just fine. I use them with the Jackson Big Tuna, which is a wide and heavy tandem kayak, meaning it does not track as well as other kayaks and can be harder to maneuver, and this paddle manages the job. One thing I especially like about this paddle is that both pieces come apart easily, even with plenty of saltwater use. I own a different paddle that can be a bit difficult to pull apart, I don't have that issue with this paddle. Also, when the two pieces are joined together they never feel loose, it feels like one solid piece.
The drip guards on the paddle do not block all water from getting to the paddler, but I do not know of any that do, so do expect to get a little wet. The longer blades on the paddle help for long journeys. I use this paddle for touring, as they are less exerting than my other paddle with shorter fins, which I use for power, when my kayak is loaded up with all my fishing gear.
If you're looking for a paddle for touring, or just a good all-around paddle, this is a nice choice.
Great paddle, fantastic service.
Paddle was great. Moreover, delivery service was fantastic: I'm across the world and had the paddle delivered within one business week. Thanks!
Good all around paddle
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
The paddle is a great two piece paddle that easily separates for storage or transportation and is light and strong enough for paddling any number of boats at various locations. Also the angle is easily adjusted for your needs and can be quickly changed if the wrong angle is selected.
great starter paddle
This is a great basic paddle that won't break the bank. It's adjustable, handy, and lightweight. Perfect for paddling around the lakes and rivers in Kentucky.
Werner Skagit Paddle
Very nice basic paddle. The two piece design allows for offsetting the blades to different angles, at various degrees in either direction. And a view finder tells you the exact angle offset. Even though there are many lighter paddles out there, this paddle still feels lightweight even after a long day of paddling. And the drip rings will help to divert water away from you.
Basic, Does the job great.
I got these at my local kayak shop and have been using them for about a year. The ends have seen a bit of asphalt and are still in good condition. The joint where the two halves connect has seen all the saltwater and wear that is to be expected in a ocean-going piece of gear and they still slide together and apart without involving a buddy. I like the slightly oval shaft where your hands grip, and the three positions are all I need to get my fit, change it to straight shaft for my friend when he uses it, and I guess go lefty in case I ever meet a lefty kayaker.
All in all, good gear and well worth the price.