Lean and ready to dig into your favorite trail.
A hiking shoe in trail-runner's clothing, the Vasque Men's Venturist Shoe keeps you light on your feet when the trail gets heavy. You'll find a soft foam footbed stashed inside, a leather upper on the outside, and a grippy Vasque outsole underneath the supportive midsole. This shoe offers extra arch support and heel retention so you can take on fast, short hikes around the park or longer, all-day missions out into the woods.
- Suede leather upper offers long-term durability, protection from rocks and hazards on the trail, and breaks in comfortably over time
- Nylon mesh is integrated into the upper to improve ventilation that will help control temperature on hot days
- Immerse 360 last provides the ultimate balance of agility and support, and is ideal for people with high arches and those who prefer a narrow heel pocket
- Footbed uses 3mm of Flux Foam for soft cushioning and impact absorption
- EVA midsole is rigid enough to provide support in rocky terrain without inhibiting the natural flex of your foot
- Vasque Trail Immersion outsole features large, evenly spaced lugs that dig into loose terrain for superior traction when you're ascending or descending steep slopes
Share your thoughts
Decent Shoe. Hiking? I Doubt It.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
Backcountry has this shoe catagorized as a "Boat Shoe". This would be accurate. The description describes a "hiking shoe in trail runners clothing". I can't imagine going very far down the trail in this shoe. I have been wearing Vasque for a couple of years and frankly was a bit disappointed with this Venturist. Mind you I am not a hiker or trail runner but have loved the sturdiness of the few pairs of Vasque I have worn, especially the Mantra. The cushion described is inadequate, I didn't feel arch support, and the low cut provides little to no ankle support. The only saving grace is I put Red Wing support insoles in all of my shoes now. I would equate the Venturist to having a pair of Vans. A good shoe to kick around in but nothing more. Spend the extra money and get something with the Vibram soles.