- Detail Images
After dominating the world of technical sports apparel for years, Under Armour has stepped into the world of fishing with pieces like the Men's Coldblack Abyss Board Short. Technical through and through, this short features fabric with four-way stretch, welded seam construction, a water-repellent coating, and a treatment that fights off odor-causing bacteria. Hitting the water in search of fish means that you're going to be carrying a knife, that's a given, so among this short's array of pockets there's one specifically for your knife.
- External DWR coating makes the body material water-resistant so this short won't immediately become wet and heavy when you hit the water
- Coating also allows the body material to repel stains from blood, soil, or sweat
- Body material is lightweight, highly durable, and quick-drying
- Coldblack fabric treatment offers UPF-30 rated protection from the UVA-A and UV-B rays
- Antimicrobial treatment allows the body fabric to resist odor-causing bacteria
- Welded-seam construction eliminates seam bulges that could cause uncomfortable chafing against your skin
- Secure back pocket, quick-draining mesh hand, zip mesh cargo, and knife pockets give you all the quick-access storage you need
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
Normally I don't wear anything from Under Armour but this bathing suit really shines for me. I do a lot of boating and kayaking and needed a suit with a zipper pocket. This suit has a zipper side pocket (good size to hold iPhone and key inside a water tight drybag). The front has two upper pockets just like a pair of jeans would and also has what they call a knife pocket in each one of them. I just put change in there if I'm grabbing a coffee before heading out. The back has a velcro pocket that I don't trust holding much in, but it's nice for the extra pocket. At first the suit repels water 100% then after a few wears it starts to seep into the fabric, but it dries very quickly. I would buy another one but I already have the blue and don't want black. Good job BC for picking these up and UA, nicely done.