- Detail Images
This is the year.
- Women's-specific design is lighter in weight, features an ergonomically tapered frame shape for ease of stride, and uses custom bindings that are sized and scaled for a woman's boot
- Rotating toe cord system allows the snowshoe tail to drop and shed snow with each step, thereby reducing the amount of weight your legs and feet have to carry
- QuickFit binding system goes on over your boots in just seconds and adjusts with a simple cord and a heel strap
- Carbon and steel composite crampons are ideal for providing traction on flat to rolling terrain
Share your thoughts
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
These snowshoes worked really well for a beginner trip except one major flaw - the bindings are just terrible. The webbing tends to loosen up a bit while walking which wouldn't be a huge issue except that then the plastic piece around your toe doesn't stay as tight to your boot. This means that when you're stepping and the binding rotates through the frame, it gets caught on the way back up. It's a pretty poor design and you'll notice that the newer non-kit Xplore model has a different binding type.
I am having trouble figuring out the pull...
I am having trouble figuring out the pull strap in front; it came looped around in a funny way and not sure how to thread it correctly so it works easily
These snowshoes are super easy to put on, and easier to use. Tighten a couple of straps and away you go! They are slimmer than typical snowshoes so they fit my body's frame well. We have rolling hills to traverse and these snowshoes kept me balanced and moving right along. I couldn't be happier with this purchase.
how do you attach the binds to your boot...
how do you attach the binds to your boot so they don't loosen while you are out in the snow?
The bindings don't attach to your boot (it's the same with all snowshoes). You want to pull the straps tight, although not so tight to where they impede circulation. You may have to tighten them occasionally but this design should not loosen too much.
Hope that helps.
This is a kit!!
This is a kit. Includes snowshoes, poles and gaiters!
Tubbs Xplore Wm's Snowshoe
The best way to start snowshoeing! Tubbs' Xplore series is the lightweight, easy-to-use answer for the value-conscious adventurer wanting to try or experience the great sport of snowshoeing. The dependable Quick Fit™ binding is easier to use this year and wraps a wide variety of winter boot styles and sizes for men and women. Carbon steel toe and heel crampons keep you feeling secure on your journey, and the biomechanically-designed Fit-Step™ frame will keep you moving forward in comfort and confidence.