Leave civilization behind.
- R2 Revolution Response pivot system gives you the lateral flexibility you need to adapt to uneven terrain
- ActiveLift 19-degree heel lift makes steep ascents easier by lifting your heel to reduce calf fatigue and Achilles strain on steep ascents
- Fit-Step frame features an innovative upturned tail that reduces impact on hip, knee and ankles by ten percent
- Easy-to-use, asymmetrical ReAct binding provides a stable base for walking, and features Tubbs' Control Wings for a comfortable and secure fit
- Carbon-steel Cobra toe crampon provides constant contact in variable or icy conditions
- U-Grip heel crampon's unique micro-serrated tooth design delivers excellent weighted traction
Share your thoughts
Bindings adjust quick, easy and stay tight. They pivot nicely and do not fling snow up my backside. They are nice and quiet if the snow is icy, compared to my MSR plastic shoes which are tough but LOUD. I'll give these a 10 out of 10!
Backcontry+Tubbs Xpedition shoes=GREAT
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I ordered the Tubbs Xpedition showshoes to replace old wooden ones I have used for over 30 years.
My first pair of modern shoes and all I can say is that I love them. The bindings are sturdy built and easy to get into and out of, and the fabric and outter frame are of good quality.
I bought the 30" shoe and at 6 feet and 238 pounds these shoes keep me up and on top of the snow very well. I have used them on groomed trails and also blazing new trails in deep snow and they perform wonderfully. I highly recommend this shoe.
As far as backcountry.com their customer service is fantastic. My new shoes arrived within 4 days of me ordering them, and later on when I saw the price was reduced I called and they immediatley issued me a credit for the difference. Now that is customer service.
It is this kind of good quality product, and great customer service that will keep me coming back to Tubbs, and Backcountry.com.
Snowshoeing trip to Munising Michigan
The Tubbs Expedition Snowshoes are the first pair that I have purchased. The first day out we hiked for 5 hours along the bluffs of Lake Superior. The binding system worked great, I never had to readjust during our outing. They worked great in deep snow as well as on the sections that were wind swept and icy.
Tubbs Xpedition Snowshoe
For the technical snowshoer who wants to hit the backcountry in comfort and style, there's the Xpedition. With comfort features like the Fit-Step frame and the R2 Revolution Response pivot system, and technical features like the ReAct binding and the ActiveLift 19 degree heel lift, the Xpedition fuses performance and comfort for a great all-mountain snowshoe.