- Detail Images
Serious style and protection for fast-moving backcountry freeride laps.
If laps in the backcountry and pristine lines of fresh pow motivate you to get out of bed wicked-early in the morning, gear up with the Trew Men's Cosmic Jacket. The lightest in the Trew line of technical jackets, the Cosmic features weather-stopping protection that enables you to snorkel deep pow and drop pillow lines like it's going out of style.
- Waterproof breathable Gelanots membrane, fully taped Bemis seams, a DWR coating, and waterproof zippers shed fat fluffy flakes while you rip turns down an oasis of pillowy snow
- The lightest technical jacket in the Trew line, designed for fast-moving backcountry freeride laps
- Brushed nylon tricot backing feels smooth against your skin and wicks moisture away so you're not a clammy mess when you hike for your turns
- Freeride fit and hip length make the Cosmic a super-versatile jacket for use in both the backcountry and resort
- 16-inch zippered underarm vents ditch excess heat
- Helmet-compatible hood with three-point adjustment shields your head and face from the elements
- Ergonomic powder skirt blocks out the snow and cold
- 360-degree, DWR-treated microfleece-lined collar boosts comfort
- Pack-friendly crossover chest pockets with cord routing in the left pocket
- External and internal pockets for your spare goggles or skins
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: Runs large
Nice coat, long sleeves.
I love this jacket and ski in it in the rain and snow. Preferebly not rain but it rains a lot here in Tahoe when it does storm so yeah... I stay warm and dry. I rock a L and Im 5'9" 150. Great fit and awesome weight for touring around the backcountry.
I use this jacket in the PNW where we get more snow and rain and wind and so forth in a weekend than Colorado gets in a season (ok maybe not, except for the rain part).
Anyways, the Cosmic is my favorite of the TREW jackets. I'm a fan of cleaner, lighter jackets and this one fits the bill w/o making me feel like an extremo French alpinist. It's got all the alpine techy features you want and a fit that's freeride-y, but not ridiculous like the "I'm 5'6" but I wear XXXXXL with a cotton skirt hanging out" style that seems to be all the rage with kids these days. The fabric is tough - if you see a scuff on it you should see the splinters or sand left over from the tree or rock I just cartwheeled over and see who won that battle.
BTW, I am 5'10" 160# and wear a L.
The cosmic keeps ya dry looks fly and packs light. The pocket position is great for skins or snacks or beers or......
I absolutely love my new cosmic jacket. It is by far the most comfortable, tactical, durable, practical, and stylish jacket I have ever worn. So solid
The Cosmic is a really good all-around jacket. Deffinatley my favorite because of how durable and water proof the fabric is. As long as you wear appropriate layers it holds heat really well. In January I was skiing in -20 degree weather and it kept me warm. A very high-performance peice of clothing
This Cosmic jacket is great for the backcountry enthusiast that wants their jacket to be light and packable and still burly enough to handle the abrasive elements out in the field. Simple vertical pockets on the chest are great to keep skins warm while making quick laps. This jacket has an athletic fit that works great in all situations.