- Detail Images
Have better control over the live stream of training data.
- Includes heart rate monitor that wirelessly records what your heart does in real time while an ANT+ Foot Pod (sold separately) provides cadence data
- SiRFstar IV GPS technology maps your route so you can see where you performed the best, how long you ran, and helps you plan accordingly next time
- With 50m water-resistance, you don't have to worry about rain or sweat
- A chronograph includes a countdown timer, stopwatch, and features hands-free operation to keep you focused on the run
- Five interval timers manage your sprint workouts
- A reminder feature tells you when to hydrate or fuel up, while alerts for heart rate, pace, and mode keep your workout going strong
- Connects to your computer with a USB cable, where you can analyze the date on the TrainingPeaks online software
- Batteries are included
Share your thoughts
Trying to find a good triathlon watch,...
Trying to find a good triathlon watch, does this heart rate monitor work if i wear while swimming
While you can swim with the Timex Ironman Run Trainer GPS Heart Rate Monitor, you will not receive a heart rate or GPS reading while in the water as these signals are blocked once the device is submerged. Since this is the case, you may not find this watch great for use in triathlons.
Timex Ironman Run Trainer GPS Review
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I am not a professional athlete, just a regular Joe who purchased this watch to map routes, elevation data, and especially my heart rate when jogging and cycling. It performs well for both disciplines, but especially well for running, for which it was designed. It's got all the bells and whistles for a decent price, especially when on sale. I only have 2 gripes. You can not manually delete individual exercises after having recorded them, and the USB contacts on the rear of my particular watch popped out (2 of them) of place ater less than a month of use. Forunately, BackCountry agreed to send me another watch as a replacement free of charge. THAT is why I remain a loyal BackCountry customer.
Seemingly excellent watch not for me
This watch seemed to have all of the necessary features and then some for a geeky, trail running triathlete like myself. Unfortunately, I had to return it misty eyed. My wrists are just too low profile (read: bird leg skinny) to the point that it was aggravatingly uncomfortable. If you have medium to large wrists, don't write this one off. Its got the bells and whistles of more expensive watches with a time-tested Timex brand. Pun intended.
will any ant+ heart rate strap work with...
will any ant+ heart rate strap work with this watch ?