- Detail Images
For life on the go.
Weave through the urban mob, flag down a cab, ride your bike to class, or crank out your daily commute with your essentials safely stowed in the Timbuk2 D-Lux Messenger Bag. New and improved, and featuring sharp, contrasting colors, the D-Lux lives up to its name with a variety of features that serve both comfort and functionality for the student or professional.
- True Fit cam buckle allows vertical adjustment as well as easy-on, easy-off access over a helmeted head
- Ballistic nylon combines with waterproof TPU on interior for an overall weather-resistant design
- Classic organizer design accommodates all your smaller necessities
- Dedicated iPad sleeve also holds Kindle or similar items, and it fits all iPad models
- Waterproof zipper allows access to both laptop and main compartment
- Stabilizing cross strap helps prevent jostling of sensitive electronics
Share your thoughts
Small size is a lil too small for my use
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Great bag, however, it had some stuff missing from it that I wish Timbuk2 would have incorporated into it. I needed a water bottle holder and trying to fit a nalgene in the pack took up a lot of space in the size small bag. I could have jumped up a size bigger but decided to go with an Osprey bag that offered a bit more (bigger size, fit 17" macbook, water bottle holder, etc) for the same price as the small DLux. If you need a small bag for everyday things and you don't carry a lot with you. This bag will work perfect. If you carry a lot (lunch, water bottle, 2 or more books, documents, etc) you will need another bag or a bigger size than the small.
It's a toughy
I was looking for a messenger bag that would be able to take my abusive lifestyle without running back home crying. Chrome was recommended to me first, however my wife own a mac and I was drawn to Timbuk2 because they size their pockets specifically to meet size specifications on mac computers.
I take this bag with me to work every day and it holds my stuff nicely. It also survived a trip I made to Guatemala a few days ago without any hiccups.
The ballistic nylon that it's constructed from is tough and burly. A little stiffer than I expected from looking at the pictures but all the better to hold up to the abuse I plan on dishing it. I haven't been in any torrential downpours with it, but it's kept my stuff dry from the distance to my car from my apartment.
I'm also really appreciative of all the smaller pockets on the inside and just under the flap that makes organization of all my crap really convenient