Skiing, climbing, and biking . . . what a joyous way to spend a spring day.
Tifosi's Tyrant Fototec Eyewear are perfect for race day. The frames don't wrap around the outsides of the lenses, so you'll have unobstructed peripheral vision -- just what you'll need to see that attack coming from the back of the pack. You'll also benefit from their ever-changing Fototec lenses.
They'll change from light to dark in a matter of 10 seconds or less. The Matte Black frames come with Tifosi's High Speed Red lenses, and this means light transmission goes from 35% to 12%. The Gunmetal frames might be better for slightly darker conditions or for someone who prefers a lighter lens. They transition from 75 to 25% total transmission. You won't squint as the light conditions change during your event, and you won't ever wish you'd snapped in that lens or the other. Both colors of the Fototec lenses offer 100% UVA/UVB protections as well.
The Tyrant is an ideal option for riders with small-to-medium size faces, since they're just 131mm wide at the lenses. They come with the single set of Fototec lenses, but they can take any of Tifosi's Tyrant replacement lenses. The outer edges of the lenses have vent holes that help air circulate to prevent fogging and to help keep you cool as you ride.
The Tyrant frames are made with Grilamid TR-90 -- a nylon with exceptional bendability, strength, and toughness against impact and UV damage. Not only are they virtually indestructible, but they are all-but-weightless, allowing the Tyrant to weigh in at an amazing 25 grams. One of the best parts is the hydrophilic rubber nose and ear pieces. At these three points of contact, this rubber sticks to your skin when you sweat, keeping them in place as you workout. As a bonus, the ear pieces and nose piece can be bent to customize the fit to perfection.
The frames on the Tifosi Tyrant Fototec Eyewear are Gunmetal or Matte Black. They also include a carrying case and a microfiber lens wipe.
- Grilamid TR-90 nylon is lightweight, comfortable, and resistant to chemical and UV damage
- Adjustable temple pieces allow you to customize your fit while increasing comfort when worn under a helmet or over a hat
- Fototec lens with variable tint technology adjust rapidly as light conditions change
- High Speed Red Fototec lenses sharpen contrast and highlight details in the road or on the trail
- Light Night Fototec lenses change color from clear to smokey
- Lenses block 100% of harmful UVA/UVB rays