No fore here.
Tifosi eyewear offers the perfect compromise -- optical quality and stylishness that rival the offerings of Oakley and Rudy Project, a variety of lens options along the lines of what you expect from Smith, but a price closer to what you'd pay for glasses in a bargain bin at a truck stop on I-40. Tifosi is the perfect option for those of us who've broken and lost enough $150 glasses to pledge "Never Again!" about the high-dollar stuff.
Tifosi isn't in the business of making cheap eyewear. Rather, when you're wearing them it's a challenge to distinguish their optical quality from that of glasses twice or three times the price. They give you a wide field of vision that's totally distortion-free, and you'll think you're wearing a pair of $150 shades.
The Slip glasses are shaped so they fit the full range of face sizes. We sell them in two frame colors -- Pearl White and Matte Black. Both options come with three sets of lenses -- Smoke for sunny days, an AC Red for overcast conditions, and Clear for night riding. The frames are made with Grilamid TR-90 -- a nylon with exceptional bendability, strength, and toughness against impact and UV damage. Not only are they virtually indestructible, but they are all-but-weightless, allowing the Slip to weigh in at an amazing 25g. Once you have them on they stay in place, too, thanks to their hydrophilic rubber adjustable temples and nose piece.
Other Slip highlights include Tifosi's Glare Guard reflective coating to reduce glare and decrease eye fatigue. Each set of lenses provides 100% UVA and UVB protection, and they're ventilated for increased air flow and greater resistance to fogging. They also include a carrying case and a Microfiber lens wipe.
- Grilamid TR-90 frame has an extremely high bending strength for flexibility and durability
- Hydrophilic rubber ear and nose grips resist aging and breakdown while increasing grip when wet
- Glare Guard reflective lens coating reduces glare without compromising visibility or ability to distinguish terrain breaks
- Polycarbonate lens is highly impact resistant
- GT (Golf & Tennis) lens tint features object illumination to enhance ball-tracking ability
- EC (Extreme Contrast) lens filters blue light spectrum to give athletes an edge in distinguishing terrain