- Detail Images
Lighten up already.
- Thule T3 cradles hold bikes securely in place
- Patented No Sway Cage prevents bike-to-bike contact as you bump along back roads
- Narrow cradle arms accommodate a wide range of bikes from your child’s beginner bike to your off-road rig
- Integrated, retractable cable easily locks bikes down to prevent theft; Snug-Tite receiver lock included
- Fits either 1.25- or 2-inch hitches (adapter kit included) so you can switch between vehicles
- Thule part number 970XT
Share your thoughts
A little tight for 2 bikes
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Lightweight, easy to handle, fits nicely on my wife's new Acura RDX with class 1 factory hitch. Only used it a couple of times but the arms could be a little longer; 2 bikes fit very close together,doesn't allow adequate space between them to accomodate the no-sway cages as intended.
Adequate solution for class 1 hitch
Pros - light weight, attaches to class one hitch, easy to use
Cons - install was slow - the hitch did not fit easily into the slot due to thick paint. Use wd40 and a rubber mallet to force in and remove several times to adjust. Also, the integrated bike lock cable is slight too short so you have force it over the locking peg.
This was my first attempt at a hitch mounted carrier. It's pretty light, and the tilt feature is nice and easy. The pads and straps that hook to the bike are high quality rubber and easy to use. The snug-tite receiver lock works really well.
After figuring out I had to purchase another crossbar and attach that to my bike each time I returned it. (My bike has a slanted top tube and wouldn't clear the ground). I researched a bit and found a platform style that suits my needs better. 5-stars for backcountry.com's return policy and pricing.
More play in the joints than I expected from Thule. The cable lock could stand to be thicker.. as it could be easily clipped.. don't rely on it.
I wish the hitch facing portion also collapsed up or down so this could be folded flat for storage.
Wwill this rack accomodate a womens trek...
Wwill this rack accomodate a womens trek 7.3 fx with the step thru bar with out an adapter