- Detail Images
If you spend nights in the outdoors tossing and turning instead of sleeping, the Therm-a-Rest Luxury Map Sleeping pad was designed with you in mind. The advanced pressure-mapping technology uses high and low density foams to provide support where you need it most and eliminate pressure points, ultimately allowing for a more restful sleep. Plus, the three inches of cushion and an exceptionally high thermal rating make this pad a perfect choice for any season of the year.
- Pressure mapping technology utilizes high- and low-density foams to provide support where you need it most
- Inflates to a full three inches thick for maximum comfort
- Covered with a lighter and softer fabric than previous Luxury Map pads
- Thermal R-value of 6.8 makes the Luxury Map one of Therm-a-Rest's warmest pads
- Packs into a compact 21 x 6 inch roll (regular size)
- Stuff sack included
Share your thoughts
I bought this pad for the warmth and it was well worth it. I camp in the mountains a lot and toss and turn from the cold under me, but this pad stopped that and I slept great! It is not for backpacking, but as long as I don't go too many miles, it is worth hauling that extra weight.
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
This pad is soooooo comfortable, which is ideal as I spend month long stints on it for field work. Certainly not for backpacking, but if you need something durable and easy on the back for car campings/base camp, this is the pad for you. This year I upgraded (comfort wise) to the Luxury and the extra money was worth it! This mat, like all inflatable therms comes with it's own stuff sack, but unlike other models, this one has cool cinch-straps. I have the large and my boyfriend has the XL - they fit (if not a little snuggly) in our two-man Mountain Hardware tent - and still leave room for the dog!
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Nice and comfortable...very light weight.
is it self infating
is it self infating
Yes, this is self-inflating.
You will still need to fill it with some lung power, it's self inflating to an extent, but you're going to want at least five large puffs for this to be at maximum comfort.