- Detail Images
Stop wind and rain; not the routine.
- WindStopper material blocks ridgeline gusts, breathes well during your ascent, and is water resistant to shed light rain and snow
- Stretchy soft shell material and underarm gussets allow freedom to move and stretch
- Tight weave, quick-drying properties, and DWR treatment makes this soft shell ideal for use in moderate rain and snow
- Knit panels on the back and arms provide breathability as your body heat rises
- Dual hand and zippered chest zip pockets provide security for keys, ID, energy gels, and shades
- Drop-tail hem provides extra coverage over your backside to shed water and reduce wind on your lower back
- UPF-50-rated sun protection adds additional protection from harmful rays
Share your thoughts
Great jacket... almost
I wanted to give it a 5 star because it looks great and fits really nice. It's slim with long sleeves. I'm 6' and 165 pounds and a medium fits perfect. And it's soft on the inside so you can wear a short sleeve shirt under it. BUT there's no windstopper fabric on the back. When I walk along the ocean and turn with my back to the wind you feel the cold breeze go right through you.
After quite a bit of research I finally decided on this jacket. Backcountry was the only place that had my size(xl). Customer service was great. Delivery was the next day. I would buy here again. As for the jacket, I absolutely LOVE it. It's definitely windproof and waterproof but only in the front, shoulders and half way down the sleeves. The black part of the jacket is a thermal material for warmth, but not waterproof. I have used this jacket in 20 degree weather with a wicking t-shirt and a mid layer long sleeve and was almost a bit overdressed. It is very comfortable and has a little more room than the Pearl Izumi and Solomon jackets which makes it easy to layer up under it. I can't find anything bad about this jacket.