The North Face Westwind 2 Tent: 2-Person 3-Season
- Detail Images
- Community Images
When winds blow, the Westwind 2 stands still.
It doesn't matter which way the winds blow because you and your backpacking partner are sheltered by The North Face Westwind 2 Tent. A hanging body design houses poles inside of the canopy to allow wind to pass over the tent and reduce resistance during severe gusts. The North Face Westwind 2 Tent is easy to set up, features added guy-out ties, and comes with a water-resistant canopy in addition to its waterproof fly so that you'll no longer suffer through sessions of soggy gear.
- Fly and floor fabric features a PU coating and taped seams to protect you and your gear from wet weather
- Bathtub floor design keeps seams off the ground to help eliminate seepage
- Large vestibule storage space lets you keep wet bags and boots outside of your living space
- DAC Featherlite poles provide structure and stability without weighing down your pack
- Poles made with DAC's Green Anodizing process, which eliminates the chemical polishing stage, reduces the need for hazardous chemicals, and recycles water throughout the rinsing process
- Equalized guy-outs on the canopy help prevent collapse when side wind gusts hit
- Three+ season design houses the poles under the canopy to reduce resistance
- Color-coded clips match the colors of the poles to make setup a breeze
- Single front door and light mesh windows shave weight and keep the tent simple; there are no extra zippers or fabric panels to weigh things down
- Interior gear loft clips mean you can add a loft and create extra storage space (compatible square gear loft not included)
- Fast-pitch compatible; just carry the poles, fly, and footprint to save weight (footprint sold separately)