- Detail Images
3000 vertical feet of scree doesn't scare me.
Want to run the Mount Marathon Race in Seward, Alaska? Make sure you have health insurance and The North Face Men's Ultra Guide Gore-Tex Trailing Running Shoe before paying the entry fee. The North Face designed this bad boy for challenging, if not uncharted, terrain. Complete with Cradle Guide technology, a GoreTex waterproof, breathable membrane, and an ultrATAC rubber outsole, the Ultra Guide will make it home in one piece even if you don't.
- Gore-Tex waterproof, breathable membrane keeps your foot dry
- Abrasion-resistant, tight-weave mesh upper provides durability with breathability
- TPU-welded midfoot gives you additional support without weighing you down
- Perforated EVA Northotic footbed provides stability, support, and cushion
- C-Delta metatarsal fit system provides both medial and lateral stability
- Cradle Guide technology uses soft-density EVA at the heel to cushion foot-strike, and firmer-density EVA in the middle and medial side of the toe area for support, stability, and transition/toe-off support
- 8mm heel/forefoot drop for a more minimalist feel
- TPU Snake Plate in the forefoot protects your foot from trail hazards (rocks, stones, pointy roots) while still allowing your foot to flex naturally
- ultrATAC rubber outsole provides traction and durability whether the trail is wet or dry, without additional weight