- Apex Universal fabric is the most versatile of the apex fabrics (it's both breathable and water-resistant so you get protection from light weather without stuffiness or stiffness)
- DWR finish helps protect you from the light rain, hail, or puddle splashes
- Articulated knees and a gusseted crotch offer unrestricted movement while you hike over downed logs or climb over boulders
- Reverse-coil zippers on thigh and back pockets for convenience
- Multiple pockets stash your lip balm, cell, or utility tool
- Cuff cinch blocks out the cold and seal in warmth
- UPF 50-rated fabric shields you from dangerous UV rays
Share your thoughts
love Love LOVE these pants
I have a hard time finding hiking pants long enough, so I really love that they come in longs. They have a nice fit and are flattering. I purchased them for field work and backpacking, and have worn them around the University as well. Ordered a pair of the purple and loved them so much I ordered one in black.
Ok but returned.
I purchased these in black for backpacking. They're well made and fit well in some aspects (the overall length was good, the articulated knees seemed really nice), but I had problems with the waistband. First, I'm 5'7" 120lbs without much in the way of hips and ordered a 4. The waist fit fine, except that the snap was constantly popping off. Even when I tugged gently on the waistband, it would unsnap. Also, these pants sat pretty high on my waist, so my backpacking waistbelt sat right on top of them. Having had irritation from this sort of situation in the past, and with no way to wear them lower without having them unsnap, I decided to return.
Love these pants.
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Something about North Face pants just fit so well. I was at first concerned with the material (it's a little "noisy") but the amount of stretch and the fantastic fit makes it a pant that can go from in-town shopping to a hike in the hills. And I'm happy to see NF make a non-standard pant color; I'm pretty sick of black and khaki. So I got the Baroque Purple, which is dark plum with a hint of brown. It's versatile and unique color on a versatile pant.