Technical, versatile approach glove with improved dexterity and fit
- A DWR-coated nylon ripstop shell helps shield you from winter's wet elements
- FlashDry lining (a naturally derived fabric additive) improves your body's ability to regulate temperature by drastically improving dry time
- FlashDry doesn't add weight or bulk and never washes or wear out
- 60g Heatseeker insulation on the palm and 140g Heatseeker insulation throughout offer you comfort and warmth on chilly days
- Synthetic suede palm enables you to grip your ski pole or adjust your boot buckles
- Five Dimensional Fit and needled palm insulation allow for maximum dexterity while you ski, tour, sled, or work as a lift operator
- Comfy stretch cuff gasket gives a comfortable secure fit
- The North Face Summit Series
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I live in Chicago and wanted a pair of gloves to deal with the polar vortex. These are great gloves, keeps your hand warm and are not too bad to look at. I wear a size medium and they are a snug fit, so getting a liner under these gloves will be a challenge.
Comfy & Warm, But I'm Returning
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: Runs small
I bought these for an in-between from my Marmot Radonnee's and some lightweight North Face Etip gloves. I needed something that would handle 15-40 well, without a cuff and more allowed for more movement than the Radonnee's.
First off, these things are comfortable... soft and supple. I love how light they feel when on. They definitely kept my paws warm in the high-teens... and TOO warm at a little over 40.
The only reason I'm returning them is fit. The construction quality was excellent, the glove itself seems excellent... but for some reason the palm ends too short for me on these gloves... the seam where the leather meets the cuff hits me more at the bottom of my palm than my wrist... which was driving me nuts. I thought the finger length on these was excellent... with the thumbs feeling a tad too long... but that's better than too short for sure.
If your paws fit these right, they are definitely a sweet glove . I'd give it a 4-star rating without hesitation if they fit right... but I am officially putting a 3-star because of the palm issue, which I've never encountered on a glove before (even other North Face pairs).
Keeps the warm without the bulk
These gloves are good for keeping your paws nice and toasty not adding too much bulk. Stays warm and also very flexible.