- Detail Images
Bells, whistles, and mountainous weather protection.
- 2-layer HyVent Alpha laminate is completely waterproof and highly breathable
- Helmet-compatible hood is fully adjustable and offers superior peripheral vision
- Zip vents allow you to release excess heat and improve airflow
- Powder skirt keeps whipping wind and snow out and zip integration allows you to zip this jacket to compatible snow pants
- Embedded RECCO avalanche reflector helps Recco-equipped search-and-rescue teams more quickly acquire your position in an avalanche
- Summit Series design means this jacket was crafted for endurance pursuits in harsh environments
Share your thoughts
Does the job
Conditions haven't really been spectacular in testing out all of the specs for the jacket, but it has kept me dry and the ventilation is decent. There is a decent amount of material in the jacket which provides some warmth. Design is nice and the Hyvent 2L has worked well for some heavy snow storms, hiking backcountry and in the resort. Paired with a Patagonia Nano Puff and a nice base layer, there is plenty of warmth in single digit temps and a little below.
Im usually more into technical shells but this jacket is great. I really like th fit of the sleeves. This jacket is looser than some but really does feel nice, its not baggy. The fabric is pretty good quality and the zipper tapping is pretty good. The fabric isnt as durable as pro shell but it will hold up. The sleeve pocket is pretty nice to have and the hood fits comfortably.