A midweight layering piece for high-aerobic activities in the cold.
When you need an extra layer of warmth beneath your shell or windbreaker, count on The North Face Women's RDT 300 Vest to do the trick. Made with FlashDry technology, the RDT 300 stays dry even when you work up a sweat hiking, touring, or backpacking.
- FlashDry technology features a microporous particle additive that accelerates the removal of moisture from the skin and speeds evaporative drying so you stay drier and more comfortable in a wide range of weather conditions and environments
- FlashDry also doesn't add weight or bulk, and never washes or wears out
- 300-weight fleece provides a solid layering piece underneath your shell or windbreaker
- Feminine cut offers a flattering look when worn over your sweater
- Zip-in compatible integration with complementing garments from The North Face
- Hem cinch-cord seals in warmth
- Two secure hand pockets stash your cell, small wallet, or lip balm
Share your thoughts
Does this vest have the north face logo...
Does this vest have the north face logo on the back?
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift, but have feedback to share
- Fit: True to size
Fits her shell and easily to detach to allow for slow cool down. Expect same NorthFace quaility.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: Runs large
I purchased this vest and the Mossbud Acacia vest together, both in an XS. The mossbud vest fits snugly and runs true to size while this one is much looser and longer. The cinch cords at the hemline can make the vest tighter at the bottom, but the sides remain loose which looks awkward. I did decide to keep this vest because it zips into a NF shell that I have, and I like the fact that it doesn't add too much bulk but still provides warmth. I used to zip in a fleece, but the sleeves would extend past the shell even after using the snaps to secure the 2 pieces together. This vest obviously doesn't have sleeves so it actually works perfectly inside my shell. If you are planning on wearing this on its own, I would definitely suggested buying 1 (or even 2) sizes down. If you are buying it to use within a shell you can probably order your usual size (like I did). Hope this helps!
I also can't say enough about Backcountry's customer service! My order arrived the very next day! I would highly recommend buying from this website.
Runs large, too bulky
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
- Fit: Runs large
I am a woman who normally takes large in TNF almost without exception and this was huge in large especially around hips. I am 5'8" with really broad shoulders and weigh 155lb. Also it's stiff and too thick for a streamlined layer under other things. I sent it back.