- Detail Images
Single-wall, two-person, lightweight tent for your fast-paced backpacking or climbing needs.
Save gobs of weight, set-up time, and aggravation with The North Face Phoenix 2 2-Person 3-Season Tent. While a double-wall tent features a separate tent body and fly that make it heavier and more of a pain to set up, the Phoenix is a lightweight, single-wall wonder with a waterproof breathable DryWall canopy that sheds wet weather and that makes set-up time a cinch.
- DryWall technology on the canopy ensures not a drop of rain spills on the tent floor when you set up camp in the middle of a downpour
- DryWall proprietary single-skin fabric breathes well, ensures high tensile strength, has a DWR finish to shed water, and is inherently fire resistant
- Nylon ripstop body fabric with a PU coating and silicone finish ensure you stay comfortable and dry in wet weather
- Polyester no-see-um mesh supplies ventilation
- Tent floor features durable nylon taffeta fabric with a PU coating and a water-resistant finish for protection against wet ground
- Seams are hot sealed with polyurethane tape to keep water out
- Lightweight, durable, strong DAC Featherlite NSL poles feature an aluminum-anodizing process that eliminates the need for toxic chemicals and makes tent-pole production cleaner and more sustainable
- Two large doors supply an easy in-and-out while two large vestibules offer storage space for packs and hiking boots
- Two-person tent features comfortable space and headroom for two people to sleep or hang out during a rainstorm
- Lightweight 3lb 10oz trail weight for backpacking deep into the wilderness
- High-low venting utilizes a vestibule door configuration that allows the user to affix the door in a partially open position to maximize airflow and prevent condensation while maintaining good vestibule coverage
- Hubbed poles, tent-pole clips, and color-coded webbing make for quick, easy setup
- Included guy-lines for increased stability in windy conditions
- Handy loop for hanging headlamps and accessories
- Includes DAC stakes and stuff sack
Share your thoughts
Too heavy for single wall!
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
I picked this tent up in a store and man was it heavy! I couldn't fathom how a single walled two person tent like this could weigh almost 5 lbs. There are tons of tents that are single wall for two plus people that weigh under 4 lbs. There are some under 3 lbs! What a failure this tent it. If one were to want a single wall shelter they could spend less and get a hell of a lot lighter weight out of it. The only reason to sacrifice your double walled breathability is for ultra light weight. Save yourself the weight and the money and look for small cottage manufacturers to fill that need. TNF could really have done better here.