- Detail Images
Grown-up warmth and features for the small fry in your life.
- The 550-fill down insulation keeps his body heat close while making sure that the overall weight of the jacket stays low
- Water-resistant finish over shell fabric protects the down insulation from light rain and snow
- Sewn-through construction helps keep the insulation firmly in place
- Zip handwarmer pockets give junior a toasty place to stash chilly fingers
- ID label helps him pick out his jacket before recess
Share your thoughts
Does this have adjustable cuffs? The...
Does this have adjustable cuffs? The forward photos show the adjustable cuffs but the rear photos show non-adjustable cuffs.
Yes, these do have velcro adjustments for the cuffs. It also contains loops to attach his favorite gloves on.
why is the description saying "550-fill"...
why is the description saying "550-fill" for the Nuptse jacket when the picture indicates 600 on the sleeve? If it is "550-fill" then what are the differences between the Aconcagua and the Nuptse if they are both 550-fill? Besides the price delta, that is.
Hi, thank you for your question.
The Nuptse is a 550 fill jacket- the picture shown was taken pre-production, so any changes during their production are not shown. The difference between this model and the Aconcagua is that this Nuptse will offer a higher fill weight, and thus be warmer than the Aconcagua!
My kid's Nuptse which I bought a couple of years ago has a 600 fill - as with everything, quality is going down while prices are going up! If I'm not mistaken I believe TNF is now making all the kids down jackets with a 550 fill. If you want 600 and higher, look at Patagonia or Marmot.
Wonderful jacket. I bought it for my husky 10 year old who needed a jacket for the next 2-3 years..its a bit on the big size, but that was my intention....he is very warm ith the frigid temps approaching the northeast....