- Detail Images
Winter preparation at its best.
While less-prepared skiers hunker down in the lodge, you reap the benefits of a sudden storm with The North Face Women's Mountain Light Insulated Jacket. A waterproof breathable Gore-Tex membrane easily fends off snow, sleet, melting icicles, and rain, while PrimaLoft Eco insulation warms your core on chilly lift rides.
- Waterproof breathable Gore-Tex membrane and fully taped seams shield you from the elements so you can enjoy the fresh blanket of snow
- PrimaLoft Eco insulation throughout (made from a minimum of 50% recycled materials in combination with standard PrimaLoft fibers) feels light and is water-resistant
- Underarm vents ditch excess heat when you find yourself digging for a lost ski pole or plank
- Removable, fully adjustable hood with lower face protection blocks blustery winds
- Adjustable cuff tabs, center-front zip and hook-and-loop closure, and hem cinch-cord block out the elements and seal in warmth
- Embossed taffeta lining feels smooth and makes it easy for you to layer underneath
- Wear a heavyweight mid-layer under this jacket for dead-of-winter cold, and slip a light baselayer underneath for spring shredding
- Multiple external and internal pockets stash your cell, tissues, lip balm, and a small water bottle
Share your thoughts
Can this hood fit a helmet?
Can this hood fit a helmet?
I hope someone will correct me if I err in offering a conjecture that since the head protection is a "drop hood," as well as meant for skiing, among other uses, it should offer a decent, if not ample, amount of room to be used in conjunction with a helmet.
Anyone else care to comment, agree, or disagree?
I am looking for one with the removable...
I am looking for one with the removable inside layer, does this jacket have that? Thank you!
This jacket doesn't come with a removable inner layer. You'll want to look at The North Face Triclimate jacket options for that.
Can you zip-in/zip out the primo loft...
Can you zip-in/zip out the primo loft lining?
Unfortunately there is not a removeable liner in this jacket, the insulation is permanent
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
Bought this for my teenage daughter for Christmas! She loves the pink color (true to color on website) and says it is warm but not bulky. North Face has done it again!!
Lightweight Heavy Duty
I went to the North Face store and tried some jackets on to get the best feel for what I wanted as well as fit. Found the jacket I wanted then went on backcountry.com where a live sales person found me almost exactly what I was looking for (since some on here are "out of season"compared to whats in the stores). This jacket fit the bill. It was shipped in 2 days as promised. It is perfect! I'm 5'9" and 145 lbs. I went with a Medium but could have gone with the small if not for sweatshirts. But you don't need a sweatshirt under this jacket! It's 100% wind and waterproof. I've been nothing but comfortably warm in this jacket. Even with 0 degree windchill all I wanted was gloves. My ONLY wish is that the waist was made just slightly more for a woman's shape. A male colleague asked if it was a man or woman's coat. (Maybe he was jealous?). So it is just a bit "frumpy" and shapeless but I'd rather be warm. Furthermore, the long neck and hood really come in handy on those blustery days. Removable hood is a plus. Great for light to moderate activity outdoors :)