A suit of armor from the future.
Conceived and purpose-built for success on the ultimate alpine test piece, the Shark's Fin of Meru in India, The North Face Meru Gore Jacket was designed to offer ultra-durable, ultralight, uncompromised protection. Extra-breathable Gore-Tex Active Shell is guaranteed waterproof and designed for highly aerobic activity. Abrasion-resistant, grippy panels on the shoulders and waist keep your pack from moving around mid-climb, and huge internal mesh pockets allow you to carry skins, food, or anything else you want to prevent from freezing up during your adventure.
- Ultra-breathable Gore-Tex Active Shell with fully taped seams keeps you dry while letting vapor escape
- Durable grip-zones on the shoulders keep your pack firmly in place
- Fixed, helmet-compatible hood swivels with your head for unobstructed vision
- Formed, adjustable brim on hood blocks sun and debris without adding substantial weight
- Pack- and harness-friendly chest pockets for convenient storage
- Large internal mesh pockets hold water bottles or other gear
Share your thoughts
Great performance shell.
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
This jacket has treated me well in terms of fit and ability to accomodate layers underneath to keep warm in 10-20 degree temps. I haven't actually had it in any precipitation yet but since it's Gore-Tex i don't have any doubts. Good shell fit, especially in the arm cuffs, so that my gloves will fit easily up under them.