- Detail Images
The poopy day transformation kit.
- HyVent waterproof breathable fabric with mechanical stretch for protection without restriction of movement
- StretchVent gaiters with elastic grippers keep snow out
- Full side-zip venting system allows you to dump heat
- Super-tough Keprotec edge guards help your pants last for years
- The North Face Summit Series
Share your thoughts
These pants rock!
- Fit: True to size
These pants were great for me on Denali. I only wore the on summit day with a middle weight long underwear underneath and I was toasty the whole 12+ hour day even while we weren't moving. Temps were around -10 with wind chills around -20.
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Had it for about a month and the strap where it attaches to the pant..tore apart...rendering the suspender useless..Had to return..Love the insulated pant but not the suspender. Wish they made the same pant w/o the suspender .
Best of both worlds
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Settled on the Makalu because it offers both the waterproof protection of a good winter pant, but also insulation for the big winter hikes and wind chills. It's also nicely form-fitting, a welcome departure from hiking a peak in the winter wearing baggy ski pants. Elastic straps help keep everything in place, and throw on a pair of gaiters and you've got an extremely dry base to work from. Love these pants, they are worth the money.