- Detail Images
Leonidas was a hero-king ... just consider that.
The North Face Men's Leonidas Jacket earns its spot in the Summit Series with its waterproof protection, stretchy fabric, and lightweight (12 ounces) fabrication for mountaineering and alpine climbing. A fully taped HyVent 2.5L shell gives the Leonidas serious waterproofing that remains highly breathable for intense climbing, and the nylon fabric has a four-way stretch for unimpeded mobility on the wall. Polyurethane-coated zippers prevent water from seeping through the underarm vents.
The Leonidas also features a helmet-compatible hood with hidden cord locks that cinch the hood down with a single pull, and the laminated visor stays out of eyesight during belays. A hidden cinch-cord at the hem and nonabrasive cuff tabs keep breezes at bay, and the handwarmer pockets are always accessible even with a pack or harness on.
- Fully taped HyVent 2.5L shell
- Nylon plain weave with four-way mechanical stretch
- Polyurethane zippered underarm vents
- Fully adjustable, helmet-compatible hood with laminated visor
- Nonabrasive cuff tabs
- Hidden, elastic-bound hem cinch-cord
- Harness- and pack-friendly alpine handwarmer pockets