Just because it's winter doesn't mean you have to hide your curves.
Instead of going overboard with the layering and looking like an overstuffed sausage, let The North Face Women's Insulated Sumiko Jacket warm your core and keep you looking fashionably stylish in the colder months.
- Stylish, feminine cut and look, and a removable faux fur hood with plaid lining keep you looking fashionable in super-chilly weather
- Waterproof breathable HyVent 2-layer laminated membrane and taped fully seams protect you from the rain, sleet, snow, and falling wet leaves
- Lightweight PrimaLoft Eco insulation (made from 50% recycled materials) keeps you snug and warm on frigid early morning walks to work or the coffee shop
- Adjustable drawcord system at internal waist and hood locks in warmth and blocks out the cold
- Back zippered kick vent ditches excess heat and allows for greater mobility when you're running errands or busy chasing after your dog who jumped over the backyard fence
- Multiple external and internal pockets stash your spare gloves, wallet, cell, and tunes
Share your thoughts
VEGAN and very warm!
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I am a vegan so I searched and searched to find a cruelty-free coat like this one...no real fur, no down, and it uses recycled materials. So if you care about that sort of thing, you'll probably love it!
Also, this coat is very warm. I live in Minnesota. Our current temperature is 4 degrees with a windchill of -16. Just came inside and felt very comfortable in this weather. I usually wear a sweater or long-sleeve shirt underneath and sometimes add a polyester vest, but the coat feels fine on its own as well.
The coat is really cute. . .very flattering. I am 5'6, 135 lbs and the Medium fits very well. The hood has a cord so it can tighten over your head and around your face, which is essential in Minnesota. Lots of great pockets. The "fur" can be removed.
Only a few minor complaints: 1) The material of the coat really attracts lint, cat hair, etc. So if you have animals beware of ordering in black. 2) The jacket (I think the insulation is the culprit) makes a crinkling noise as you walk and move around, which is odd and slightly annoying. 3) The collar of the jacket is very rigid. I find it uncomfortable under my chin if I zip it up all the way. You can tuck your chin inside this rigid material around the neck area (which is nice on really blustery, cold days) but who wants to do that all the time? I find I have to keep it unzipped a little to avoid discomfort. Overall, I definitely recommend this coat! Plus, the currently posted price is almost $100 less than what I paid for it. Get it now!
- Gender: Female
I've had the jacket for about a month now, and I'm really happy with the purchase! It is slimming, sleek, and warm without bulk. One of my favorite features is the adjustable waistband--really helpful when you have a small waist and prefer fitted clothing. The Hyvent technology and detachable fur hood have kept warm and toasty!