Whether you're delicately picking your way up ice ribbons or dry-tooling out to a hanging curtain, The North Face Ice Climbing Glove is the right choice for the job. The supple leather palm with flex cut-outs provides optimized dexterity and grip on cold ice tools while padded knuckles enable you to swing away without hammering your hands. If ice climbing is on your winter bucket list, make sure you invest in a glove that was designed for the task.
- 2L stretch nylon shell with DWR coating provides maximum dexterity
- Gore-Tex X-Trafit insert delivers waterproof protection in the harshest environments
- Water-resistant leather palm with flex cut-outs provides suppleness, dexterity, and improved grip on ice tools
- FlashDry liner wicks away moisture and adds evaporation qualities to keep hands dry and warm
- Articulated, molded design ensures your hand can perform in the most hostile climbing situations
- 5-Dimensional Fit ensures consistent sizing throughout the glove
- High-pile fleece insulates the palm while 200g Primaloft insulates the back of the hand
- Full length over or under cuffs blocks out the elements
- Padded and reinforced knuckles and pinky finger provide protection for high impacts common while ice climbing
- The North Face Summit Series
Share your thoughts
Decent glove, good grip
I really like this glove for a few reasons. For starters, I thought the contact through the palm was great especially when used with ice tools. The warmth was great when the gloves are dry and to that extent I think the gloves dry out quickly comparatively speaking. Having said that, the GTX liner definitely keeps things a bit drier than other gloves I have in the quiver. Another nice plus for these is that little bit of extra protection on the knuckles. Fit was a little on the large size as well.
Disclosure: While I purchased these gloves, I participate in the Gore MountainTechs community where I sometimes receive products for participation in the program.