- Detail Images
Put some get-up-and-go in your treks.
- Cradle technology centers and stabilizes your heel bone to keep you stable on uneven terrain; cavity in heel construction also redistributes weight upon heel strike to lower impact
- TPU Snake Place provides underfoot protection without sacrificing flexibility
- Protective rubber toe cap adds durability and protection on rough trails
- Biomechanically engineered Northotic Pro footbed features Poron ReSource heel and forefoot cushioning pads and extra heel support
- Exclusive Vibram rubber outsole provides lightweight, non-slip traction
Share your thoughts
Can anyone comment on kenp519392's evaluation...
Can anyone comment on kenp519392's evaluation on this boots having such bad grip ? That would be a fatal defect in my book .
I used them at Haleakala NP in Maui for a long day-hike. They worked well in volcanic ash and rock. It rained some that day, but not a downpour by any means. I don't recall any traction issues on wet volcanic rock (it would have sucked to fall down on it). I know they got wet because the trail was a little overgrown. I didn't break them in and I didn't get any hotspots that day. I thought they were pretty good shoes. I had the waterproof version,but the soles should have been the same I think.
I bought these shoes for my first AT hike. We went from NJ/NY border, through NY to the Conn. stat line. It rained 3 days in the middle of our 8 day hike, but before we even went 14 miles I found out these shoes are HORRIBLE ON MOIST rocks, not even wet. If the rock had ANY moisture on it, I was slipping!! HORRIBLE ON WET ROCK!! Even dew covered rocks would be enough for slipping to start. Other than that, they dried pretty quick, and are still in one piece. How often do you really hike in ideal weather? That's the question you should ask before purchasing.
The North Face Havoc Shoe - Men's
Awesome Hiking Shoe
Great low cut hiker. Comfortable, durable, nice heel support. Really putting in the miles with my 2 yr. old husky/lab. Feet are dry even stomping through the dewey grass... They also look great out on the town.. Another great NF product!