A Gore-Tex Pro Shell bomb shelter for everything below the waist.
Squeaky-clean style and superior protection from the elements are the hallmarks of The North Face Men's Enzo Shell Pant. Gore-Tex Pro Shell 3L construction takes on all winter storms while adjustable waist tabs let resort skiers sag these technical threads a little for the tram and give pros the option to cinch the fit up for steep, exposed bootpacks where mobility trumps aesthetics. An array of comfort features and other bells and whistles add the final touches to this Summit Series pant.
- Waterproof breathable Gore-Tex Pro Shell 3L fabric keeps you bone dry and allows sweaty vapors to escape from inside
- Fully taped seams further add to overall weatherproofing
- Micro-grid backer allows this pant to slide easily over baselayers so there's no bunching or uncomfortable binding
- Regular fit allows room for mobility and for layering underneath
- Chimney Venting System uses thigh vents and vents at the gaiters to help circulate cool air into these pants and allow hot air to escape
- Hook-and-loop tabs add adjustability to the waistband
- Pant-a-lock tabs at the waist snap to Pant-a-lock tabs on the waist of a compatible The North Face jacket so you can integrate your top and bottom and keep snow out of your kit on deep days
- Ends of pant legs are reinforced with edge guards to protect against sharp ski edges or crampons
- RECCO avalanche rescue reflector makes it easier for RECCO-equipped search parties to locate you when disaster strikes
Share your thoughts
**BEWARE** STAIN EASILY.
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: Runs large
I have worn my orange The North Face Enzo Shell Pant twice and I have multiple stains that the dry cleaner could not get out. When you spend almost $500 for a pair of pants, you would think North Face would find a material that will clean.
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I love these pants , nice adjustments . Light weight and comfortable .Used in severe cold and wind and was totally comfortable . Would like to see a better adjuster on the snow cuff going into the boot , snap button puts a pressure point on the leg .
Low on features for the price
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
No doubt the 3L Gore Tex is top notch and the build quality is as well. I was surprised to find no mesh on the vent zippers. I can see skipping this on the coats (although I still think it is necessary), but pants? We're potentially hiking (or falling) in thigh deep powder. It doesn't matter if you are using the vents when you are hiking up or riding down...snow ingress into the pants is very likely. Hook a brother up with some mesh to keep me from filling up with snow!
The reinforcement on the lower pant is a nice touch and it is more of a charcoal gray then the black it looks like in these photos.
Construction seems solid. No reinforcement or felt underlay behind butt or knees, which is a nice feature on some other shells I've seen.