- Community Images
Simple, floorless, lightweight shelter for two people plus gear.
When you're looking to shave weight for ultralight backpacking or thru-hiking in pleasant weather, rely on The North Face Eclipse 2-Person 3-Season Tent. The Eclipse is easy to set up, thanks to its simple pole sleeve, and it features a waterproof breathable tarp that shields you from unexpected weather.
- Super-lightweight, high-tenacity nylon ripstop fabric features a PU coating and silicone finish that sheds water and keeps you and your partner comfortable and dry
- Seams are hot sealed with polyurethane tape to keep water out
- Lightweight, durable, strong DAC Featherlite NSL pole features an aluminum-anodizing process that eliminates the need for toxic chemicals and makes tent-pole production cleaner and more sustainable
- Awning-style door can be set up as a sun shade or used as double side entry
- Interior features space for two people to sleep during warm weather
- Wickedly lightweight 1lb 14oz trail weight
- High-low venting maximizes airflow and prevents condensation while maintaining good coverage
- One simple pole sleeve eliminates the balancing act and allows the Eclipse to set up in a cinch (footprint sold separately)
Share your thoughts
More like a shelter
I suggest you get the footprint. This is more like a shelter. The tent does not go all the way to the floor. There will be a gap to feel the breeze.
this is a floorless tent? Im looking for...
this is a floorless tent? Im looking for a very lightweight tent for 2... but also don't want to sleep on bare ground. is this a good tent or other lightweight options?
Yes this is a floorless tent, however you can purchase a separate footprint if you don't want to sleep on the bare floor. The trade off you'll find is the more amenities ie. floor, bugnetting, livibilty, etc, will increase the weight. There are lots of other options if you don't want to sleep on barefloor though, you could try the Mountain Hardwear Supermega UL or the Big Agnes Seedhouse which are both double wall tents and ultra light options. Here are the links to the mentioned tents, which I think are actually lighter than the Northface eclipse.