Born as a stability shoe and destined for the trail.
Aggressive, ultralight shoes may have taken the running world by storm, but brands like The North Face are quickly realizing that many runners favor additional support for off-road running. The North Face Women's Double-Track Guide Trail Running Shoe not only offers this trail-worthy support, but also packages it with ample cushioning and a protective forefoot structure. You get a curved, close-fitting feel from the heel to the toe and a midsole that uses variable-density EVA to provide overpronation correction. While a traditional shoe design would stack your heel high with foam and pitch you forward onto your toes, the Double-Track features a moderate drop (heel-forefoot) offset that helps you move into a more natural foot position as you ascend or descend through technical terrain. Ultimately you're treated to a shoe with a nimble, agile feel and smooth-as-silk transitions whether you're taking on a steep ascent or flowing along undulating singletrack in the hills.
- Upper combines tight-weave mesh for breahability and welded, TPU overlays for support
- C-Delta Metatarsal fit system gives this shoe a last with a sculpted heel pocket, semi-curved midfoot, supportive forefoot platform, and a close-fitting upper
- Stability chassis is ideal for hikers and trail runners who need moderate overpronation correction and support
- Cradle Guide midsole uses EVA of varying density to provide impact absorption at the heel, pronation correction under your arch, and additional support for the medial side of your foot during toe-off
- Moderate, 8mm drop (heel-forefoot offset) primarily supports heel strikers, but also eases the transition to a midfoot or forefoot striking style
- Snake Plate is a semi-rigid plate that provides protection and without inhibiting flex
- Tenacious Grip outsole uses tacky, high-abrasion rubber for maximum traction on both hard and loose surfaces found off the trail
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
Sooooo comfortable. True to size but if you are in between sizes then you may want to go larger.