Because frostbite is nobody's friend.
The last place you should cut corners when it comes to planning for cold-weather expeditions is your sleeping bag. The Dark Star -20 Degree Synthetic Sleeping Bag from The North Face features a silky, durable Pertex shell and Climashield Apex fibers in the insulation for added heat retention.
- Ultralight Pertex ripstop shell is highly breathable and resists abrasion and wind like a champ
- ClimaShield Prism’s densely packed synthetic fibers trap more heat than standard synthetics and help the insulation retain greater loft despite repeated compressions
- ClimaShield Apex’s fine-denier fibers reflect radiant heat back to you for a warmer night's sleep
- Vaulted footbed won’t constrict your feet, and it helps promote circulation to your lower extremities
- Expedition-grade draft collar seals in the warmth
- Ergonomically shaped hood provides extra comfort, improves the bag’s warmth-retention, and reduces its overall weight
- Included compression stuff sack doubles as a ultralight bag for your summit bid
- The North Face Summit Series
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This bag EASIY meets its -20 degree rating. I have slept in temps down to -15 and have been completely toasty, with just base layers on. The bag is huge, it completely fills up my 45 liter pack, but with a bigger pack you could make make it fit with other minimal gear. One thing I didn't love about the bag was the draft collar, its hard to since it down, but still pretty functional.
Wow, this bag will keep you warmer than a noun in a noun. Ive used this all over, mainly in Alaska and Montana. Yeah, it's bulky, but that's the name of the game in synthetic! Just make sure your backpack is large enough. The construction is bomber, and the looks are straight gangster. I don't even use my tent anymore, it's warm enough for any bivvy need! You won't regret this bad boy if you need some serious sleepin arrangements for some serious weather.
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift, but have feedback to share
but like the other review states it is not very compressible. The quality is phenomenal and it is incredible warm but is a little bit large.
Warm, but not that compressible. Takes up a large amount of space. For the price it's worth it.