Performance and comfort just updated their symbiotic relationship status.
The stylish Cymbiant Jacket from The North Face combines all-day riding comfort with a host of technical features to equip riders with the performance they need to take their skiing or snowboarding to the next level. Innovative FlashDry technology allows moisture to escape in both liquid and vapor form, dramatically improving dry-times and over-all comfort while still providing a fully waterproof exterior. Any way you look at it, the Cymbiant Jacket is a win-win situation.
- The 2.5L HyVent shell with FlashDry laminate technology provides a fully waterproof exterior that allows for moisture to escape in both liquid and vapor forms, drastically improving breathability and dry-time
- Fully sealed seams and waterproof YKK zippers eradicate any chance of moisture penetrating the shell
- Core zip-vents provide ventilation for when you're slogging your way up the ridge line
- Respirator collar panel allows your breath to escape when the jacket is fully zipped preventing goggle fogging and moisture buildup
- The fixed helmet-compatible drop hood provides protection in the nastiest snow flurries
- Powder skirt with clip integration allows the skirt to be integrated with any pant for keeping snow out on the deepest powder days
- Adjustable cuffs with integrated thumb holes keep sleeves from riding up when you're riding down
- An array of internal and external pockets hold goggles, media player, cold hands, and accessories
- Recco reflector aids in quick location in the event of an avalanche
- Available in Regular and Park (long) lengths to suit all tastes
Share your thoughts
Cymbiant at Rustsu
A mellow run on another epic day at Rustsu, late Feb Hokkaido, Japan
The Cymbiant Jacket is fantastic. Agree with Dan and Sage below.
I really think this is the best snowsports purchase I've made. Even without a layer underneath it's warm. Completely waterproof. Comfortable and long enough in the arms for 6'5"men. (Lg)
I wear it with a synthetic micropuff vest or jacket. Only wish I could have got it in the red. Green is nice though.
Long and the Bomb
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
This was my go to jacket all last year and I loved it for several reasons.
1. Long, this jacket is several inches longer than most of TNFs normal cut, I loved the extra length so that even when tomahawking minimal snow got up my back or down my pants. (note Im 5'10" 150lbs and wore the XL, even a L would have been fairly over sized in this jacket)
2. Pockets, tons of exterior and interior pockets including my favorite 2 large goggle pockets on the inside.
3. Fabric and venting, While this is only hyvent it performed extremely well, kept me warm and dry in part due to TNF's Flashdry fabric, and awesome venting.