A small yet strong backpack for your avy gear, skins, and snacks.
The North Face Chugach 16 Backpack is a low-profile, small pack designed for the backcountry skier or snowboarder who wants just enough space for safety gear. Just put your shovel and probes in their appropriate sleeves along with some food in the back panel, and then strap your ski or board securely for a stable walk to the resort. Feel free to sit on the chairlift without taking off your pack because its low-profile design means it doesn't take up much space. Before you know it, you'll be shredding through the backcountry with a super-durable pack that can take a beating.
- Back panel interior access makes getting into your pack fast and easy
- Bombastic auto-airbag fabric is practically indestructible, so don't worry about tearing it up when you're skiing through a dense forest
- Hydration sleeve in shoulder harness is insulated so you can get unfrozen water anywhere on the mountain
- Large avy tools pocket has organization sleeves to keep everything arranged in this small pack
- Expanded pouch at the bottom of the pack is perfect for climbing skins or crampons
- Hinch tuck-away system lets you quickly strap your ski or board to the pack and hike without bounce, and the straps tuck away so they won't flap around or get caught on the chairlift