Smaller is better.
The North Face designed the Chugach 12 Backpack for the minimalist backcountry skier or snowboarder who wants just enough space for critical avy gear and tools. Your shovel and tools slide nicely into the surprisingly large tool pockets, and you can stash your skins or crampons in the bottom pouch to keep them conveniently organized. With The North Face's integrated Hinch tuck-away system, you can strap your skis or snowboard to your pack and hike up without suffering from any bouncing. The Bombastic auto-airbag fabric will take quite the beating, so don't hold back when you shred up that fresh pow.
- Front panel access offers a quick and convenient way to get to your avy gear
- Bombastic auto-airbag fabric is practically indestructible, so don't worry about tearing it up when you're skiing through a dense forest
- Hydration sleeve in shoulder harness is insulated to prevent freezing
- Large avy tools pocket has organization sleeves to keep everything arranged in this small pack
- Expanded pouch at the bottom of the pack is perfect for climbing skins or crampons
- Hinch tuck-away system lets you quickly strap your ski or board to the pack and hike without bounce, and the straps tuck away so they won't flap around or get caught on the chairlift