Mmmm ... tacky trails.
We've all been caught by a storm before. It's not pretty. You wind up riding blind over wet rocks and roots. There isn't a whole lot you can do about that, it's just part of the game. You can make the experience a little more comfortable, however, with The North Face Bracket Jacket. The Bracket is a mountain-bike specific jacket (that's right–no more roadie hand-me-downs) made with the water-resistant breathable HyVent membrane to keep you from soaking through as you fumble your way down a rain-soaked downhill.
The true beauty of a mountain bike jacket, as opposed to a water-resistant rain or ski jacket, is that it's loaded with bike-specific features. To begin with, large zippered chest vents allow cooling air to flow freely through the Bracket. The drop tail keeps your backside covered whether you're climbing in the saddle or standing to hammer out the descent. The large, helmet-compatible hood can be removed for more airflow, and the large zippered back pocket has room for your electronics where they won't bang around or poke you from your pants pockets. Lastly, but probably most importantly, the durable, 100% nylon shell fabric allows your skin to breathe so that sweat vapor can get out before you start to feel clammy.
The North Face Bracket Jacket comes in sizes S through XXL and is available in Black, Blue, Red, Green, and Grey.
- Durable, breathable nylon shell fabric
- Water-resistant breathable Hyvent 2.5 layer laminate
- Adjustable hem with drop-tail to keep you covered
- Removable, helmet compatible hood for total protection or to be removed when the weather lets up a bit
- Less than a pound so you can keep it in your pack when the weather is nice
- Hook-and-loop adjustable cuffs for a perfect fit with your gloves
- 2 chest pockets that double as mesh vents
- 2 hand pockets for easy-access storage
- 1 large zippered back pocket for your keys, phone, MP3 player, etc
Share your thoughts
Awesome Jacket....Love it
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
great jacket for riding...reasonably priced and fits perfect. Plenty of vents to cool you down when it get to warm and will warm you up when it get to cold. Its built like a rain jacket but it does a great job keep you comfortable to other elements. Highly Recommend to any mountain biker