- Detail Images
There when you need it.
- Earth-friendly recycled polyester shell is lightweight and breathable
- FlashDry treatment causes the insulation to dry more quickly than non-treated fibers
- Polyester insulation is lightweight, packable, and insulates when wet
- Athletic fit for easy layering
- Ultra-packable and incredibly light at just 7 ounces
- Stows in its own hand pocket
- 2 front hand pockets for warm hands and convenient storage
Share your thoughts
love this vest
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
great,light and warm vest just what i was looking for.fits great looks very nice i recommended.
Excellent customer service
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: Runs small
First I want to comment about the excellent customer service I received from Backcountry. When I placed my order I was in the middle of planning and packing for a fall color mountain trip. I did not notice that an old address out of state was indicated as my shipping address. When my vest had not arrived on the second day I went online and discovered the error. I immediately called Backcountry and the phone was answered by a real person named Sam. I explained the situation and Sam said he would contact the shipper to return the item to Backcountry and send me another vest with the same two day delivery. I received the vest as promised in time to use it on my trip. Great customer service from Sam and Backcountry!
Now the vest. It was lighter and thinner than I expected. It also ran a little smaller in size than most other North Face products that I have owned. This is more of a "sweater" vest than a warm down vest. It was not sufficient when the early morning temps were in the low 30"s. By late morning the temps were in the upper 40's and under a shell jacket the warmth provided was sufficient. This would probably be a good vest for activities like biking or running. I now wish I would have waited and paid the extra cash for the new "thermoball" vest by North Face.
Five stars for Backcountry's customer service and three stars for the North Face Blaze Vest.
Wanted to like this vest
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
- Fit: True to size
I really wanted to like this vest because I loved the blue color and lightweight down (it is very light). Unfortunately the sizing was off for me. The XL was huge around the waist, and the L was tight in the chest.