- Detail Images
- Community Images
Make your stand inside the Bastion.
- Athlete-tested Summit Series designation means that The North Face created this tent for demanding pursuits in challenging environments
- Super strong nylon fly has a 1500mm PU coating to repel the harshest high-alpine weather
- Ultra-durable floor built with reinforced nylon to withstand long periods of continuous use; a 10,000mm PU coating provides industry-leading protection against water
- Bathtub-shaped floor elevates the tent seams off the ground to eliminate seepage; fly and floor also feature taped seams for added protection
- Dual doors with poled front vestibule allow easy in-out and extra ventilation when the storm clears
- Polyurethane port window lets you check the conditions outside without leaving your bag; window is cold-crack tested to -60° F
- DAC Featherlite NSL aluminum poles offer a high strength-to-weight ratio and slide easily through tent sleeves
- High-low venting offers air flow to reduce condensation
- KEVLAR®-reinforced guy lines and four fabric snow anchors withstand strong wind gusts for extra security
- Reflective accents and glow-in-the-dark zip pulls aid late-night movement in and around the tent
- Pole-reinforced vestibule adds support and offers more room to cook and store items outside of the main tent
- Interior clips mean you can add a gear loft and create extra storage space (square-shaped gear loft sold separately)
- Fast-pitch-compatible (footprint sold separately)
- The North Face Summit Series
Share your thoughts
Expedition Level Shelter
An impressive piece of gear, leaves no doubt that you will be sheltered from what storms may come. The reflective details really aid in setting the tent up in fading twilight.
Too much tent for me!
I thought I wanted a four season tent. I was wrong. This tent is expedition quality! Ruggedly made and solid, but I returned it because it was just too heavy. I felt I could have weathered any storm in it, but backcountry was kind enough to accept the return. I ordered a lighter weight (and better ventilated) tent from them.