Whether you ride the train, pedal a bike, or walk city streets in route to the office, keep your daily goods stowed in The North Face Base Camp Messenger Bag. Tough fabrics and water-resistant zippers protect your gear from the elements while the padded laptop sleeve, tablet sleeve, and fleece-lined internal pockets safely stow all your electronics.
- High-denier fabrics and water-resistant PU zippers keep your daily goods protected from the elements
- Padded shoulder strap and removable hip belt give you a secure three-point connection for bike travel
- Top handle allows or a briefcase-style carry
- Pass-through back panel easily slips over luggage handles
- Back panel sleeve keeps documents safely stowed
- Padded laptop sleeve and a separate tablet sleeve keep your devices protected during travel
- Fleece-lined internal pockets provide safe storage for electronics
- Internal mesh pocket stows a water bottle
Share your thoughts
Solid for work or school
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift, but have feedback to share
I recently gave this as a gift. My brother has been in the market for a good bag to carry his work supplies. I decided this bag would do the job.
He loves it! The small is large enough for a smaller laptop as well as a tablet and will also hold tons of other office supplies. The bag is made with a super durable material which is water resistant and is almost impossible to rip to tear. He was super impressed by the interior layout which accommodates everything he needs for work. He was also impressed by the quality of the bag and materials used.
If you are in the market for a good work or school bag to hold your days work this is a great option. The small is great at holding a days supplies for work but if you plan to carry books and other things the larger would work better.
I own the duffel version of this bag and I use it all the time when traveling or camping. It has not let me down and I have to say it was worth every penny.
Excellent Product and Service
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This is a great product. It is water resistant and has lots of space. The Large is a little too big for my uses, which are for school and work. It almost felt like a carry-on luggage. So Backcountry shipped me the Medium. It is just about right, not too big and not too small.
Backcountry's customer service is extremely prompt, courteous, and professional. They are sincere and I will definitely shop with them in the near future.
Had the previous model for 4 yrs
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I had the previous model that lasted 4 yrs with HEAVY use. I ride a motorcycle and I have been caught in the rain (torrential) and the only thing dry when I got home was my laptop in the BAG! That was 200 miles in the rain too.
This newer model's body is far better but the strap is a bit more narrow than the previous version so it digs a bit. I'll likely get used to it in time. I got the large in black on sale for 99$ from Backcountry and could not be happier. Peace be with you all.