- Detail Images
Stay happy and healthy. And keep touring.
- Exclusive Windstopper SCUBA main body fabric is windproof, breathable, and water resistant
- Tough TNF Apex Aerobic panels are lightweight, stretchy, and ultra-breathable for highly aerobic activities
- Hip-length provides plenty of protection while remaining harness-friendly
- Adjustable hood with hidden cord locks and a laminated brim for added eye protection
- Adjustable hook-and-loop cuff tabs seal out the snow
- Hidden hem cinch cord won't snag passing branches and seals out snow and drafts
- Dual alpine handwarmer pockets for convenient storage that won't interfere with a pack or climbing harness
Share your thoughts
Great Jacket, Great BC Experience
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
This mid-layer has everything I was looking for. Hiking, camping climbing in SW Colorado means spending a lot of time above 10,000' with all the predictably unpredictable chilly/wet weather. The wind-proof, water resistant soft-shell with attached hood, ample side pockets up high enough they are still accessible when wearing a pack, the light-weight packability, it's everything I need in a jacket. I'm going to be reaching for this frequently in my part of the world. I'm 6'0", 180 lbs. (wear a size 40R sport coat) and the medium fits like I had it tailored. On top of that, a few days after I ordered, BC cut the price. I contacted them and they credited my card the difference immediately. It's why I ALWAYS come here first. Keep up the good work, guys and gals! On the slight downside, shipping was abnormally slow for this item. Unusual for BC. I usually get my stuff in a couple or three days. This didn't leave the warehouse until three days after I ordered it, coming from the east coast, it took a while.
Great Jacket, Great Style
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Just got this jacket it, first impressions out of the bag it looks like its very well made and TNF has really stepped up their game with the summit series.
Style : 10/10, as pretty much all TNF gear, it serves its purpose and looks great at the same time.
Fit: 9/10, it is an athletic fit, but its not excessively tight, its meant to be worn as a base layer, so of course its not going to have a lot of excess cloth.
Usability : 7/10 , It is a soft-shell , but it seems to be just a little thin compared to other soft-shells. It's not paper thin by any means, just a bit on the thin side from normal.
Value : I got it with the 20% off coupon, making it a little more bearable, but even still, at $160 its still pretty pricey. It does everything it says it will, but you could probably find a comparable jacket for like $60, but hey, it ain't TNF.