Fast line pick-up you can count on.
Complement your rod with the Temple Fork Outfitters BVK Super Large Arbor Fly Reel and relish its fast line pick-up and silky-smooth drag. Equally at home in both fresh and salt waters, this super-large arbor reel features a one-way clutch bearing that makes engagement instant, while the BVK's ported design eliminates excess weight.
- Precision-machined from bar stock aluminum for light weight, quality, and durability
- Clear silver anodized frames and spools are ported to eliminate excess weight
- Super-large arbor design offers faster line pick-up and helps the maintenance-free drag system work at a more constant pressure than standard arbor reels
- Counter balanced spool for performance
- Delrin/Stainless stacked discs supply a silky-smooth drag
- One-way clutch bearing makes engagement instant
- Easy left-to-right hand retrieve conversion
- Quick-release spool for convenience
- Can be used in both fresh and saltwater conditions
- If you're buying a reel or spool and fly line, we'll be happy to rig it up for you, please give us a call at (855)-712-0513 for details
Share your thoughts
Large and in charge...
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I paired the II with my Sage One 5 wt and love it. Large arbor, but nicely weighted. Love the green color. Reels smooth and drag is easily adjusted and swapped. No noticeable dings yet after several uses.
The BVK 0 doesn't have a drag. How do you...
The BVK 0 doesn't have a drag. How do you replace a spool? I only see instructions to loosen the drag and turn the spool counterclockwise. This isn't possible with the 0 model
You can't replace the spool in the 0, you'll need to re-spool the line upside down.
On the 0 model the reel will pull apart with firm pressure. This allows you to use an extra spool.
I'm looking for a spool for the TFO BVK...
I'm looking for a spool for the TFO BVK Super Large Arbor Fly Reel "0". I see you sell the reel, but I didn't see an option for a spare reel. Is it available?
We are currently out of the "0" option of this spool. We do have the I, II, and IV in though.
Do you put backing and line on reels for...
Do you put backing and line on reels for left hand retreive
We don't spool reels here, but you could buy some backing and just spool it at home. Or you could always head to your local flyshop and have them do it (remember to buy a couple flies from them as a thank you).
If you want to spool it yourself, below is a link for backing. Also, switching which hand to retrieve with is a quick switch with this and most reels.