- Detail Images
It's time for battle.
- TFO proprietary design (KEVLAR® is applied within the carbon fiber pre-preg) reduces the ovaling effect a blank experiences under load, therefore creating an exceptionally smooth, powerful rod with remarkable damping qualities
- Unique construction allows the Axiom to excel at distance casting but also makes it deadly at close range
- Unparalleled design provides high line speed with crisp, clean, and accurate loops
- Flor-grade cork with decorative burl rings, up-locking reel seat, and over-sized stripping guides with gold titanium oxide inserts offer an aesthetically-pleasing look
- Available in snub-nosed reversed half-wells (5-weight) and snub-nosed full wells (6-9 weights)
- Snub-nosed reversed half-wells handle has a larger front end that provides better grip for larger hands
- Snub-nosed full-wells handle provides hand support at the rear and front of the rod, gives you more leverage, and allows you to cast longer and fight larger fish
Share your thoughts
Smooth and Responsive
I'm just getting into fly fishing so I don't have much to compare to, but I purchased this rod in particular to get more into stillwater fishing (floattubes). I purchased this in a 6wt, and it's perfect for trout in these conditions. The rod is very responsive, and casts long distances very well. Definitely would recommend!
why do you not have an 8wt? This rod in...
why do you not have an 8wt? This rod in an 8wt would be good for steelhead, salmon, etc. this rod already needs to jump up a line size for most lines or a heavier rio line. carrying the 9wt over the 8 seems odd. you will have to load it with most 10wt lines. I thought TFO set the price on their rods, your charging 25$ more a rod than the manufacture sets!!
It is available in an 8wt, for $299.90. MSRP is $299.95 (Same price for 6wt-10wt in this rod).