Swiftwick makes the Aspire One Socks in their own facility near Nashville, TN using the highest quality US made fibers for their 200 needle knitting process. The result is a pair of socks with impeccable fit and a dense, durable weave that leaves you wanting another pair or two or three. The "one" in the name refers to the height of the cuff in inches.
The Aspire Socks are special in that Swiftwick's 200-needle machine process is above the industry standard for socks. This benchmark setting weave yields a high density, seamless knit fabric. The process allows variability in the finished knit of the socks, as different parts meet different performance requirements. For example, the cushioned footbed gives way to the thin channeled upper -- both components playing a crucial role to increase your comfort. When you slip into a pair of Aspire Socks, you'll immediately feel that they're tailored for your feet. The arch band offers snug support in the midfoot, and the Y-shaped heel contour assures no bunching or overstretched feeling in the back.
The dense nature of the material all but guarantees durability when combined with the abrasion resistant properties of Olefin, one of the prime components of the foot of the sock. Olefin is a lightweight polypropylene fiber that wicks like crazy to keep your feet dry, but removing moisture from your skin is only half the story. Olefin is also hydrophobic and will not absorb water, so the moisture transfer is complete all the way to the outside of the sock. You'll stay dry, comfortable, and blister free since the socks move with your feet and minimize (or eliminate) abrasion against your skin.
Several knitting patterns in the footbed and cuff give the Aspire sock a compression nature which promotes blood flow in the feet, improving flow throughout the lower legs. And as you might guess, improved vascular performance means reduced fatigue and speedier recovery. The Swiftwick Aspire One Socks are available in Black, Grey, and White and come in four sizes from Small to X-Large. It's worth noting that the fibers used in Swiftwick socks are colored during their creation. In comparison to socks that are dyed after knitting, this makes Swiftwick socks stronger and more durable.
- Synthetic Olefin fiber dries quickly, breathes, wicks moisture, and resists the growth of odor-causing microbes while also remaining impervious to chemicals and perspiration
- This durable, versatile polymer won the Nobel Prize in 1996, produces very little waste during manufacturing, and is easily recyclable to reduce environmental impact
- Seamless prevents rubbing and blistering during long rides or runs
- Olefin toe and heel provide long-lasting durability as well as great breathability
- Nylon and spandex arch hugs your foot's natural shape so it doesn't move as you exercise
- Y-Heel contour anchors the heel and moves with your foot, not with your shoe's collar
- Lightweight top of foot encourages ample breathability and isn't bulky
- Thicker Olefin sole provides extra breathability and a little cushioning to reduce impact
- Compression cuff doesn't move no matter what you do with your summer day
- Low-ankle height provides coverage for your running, cycling, or golf shoes while providing great breathability during hot days
- Item #SWF0018
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
I gave these socks to my girlfriend after telling her Swiftwicks are the only socks I ride in. After a few months of use and a second pair she now has the same opinion as me.
Never lose their shape and made in the USA!