- Detail Images
- Community Images
The classic Strutter shape with new materials and a closer fit.
For river running and playboating, the Sweet Protection Strutter Helmet has few equals. An icon for years, this season the Strutter has been re-engineered to improve the fit and enhance the impact performance. Sweet kept the cap-style shell that protects your face from water and sun glare, but it used new LFT shell technology to strengthen the helmet and further protect your temples. Also, a new version of the Occigrip fit-system was developed to go with this unique shell shape. You get all the benefits of the classic Strutter shape with the enhanced protection of material and fit refinements.
- CRP technology uses carbon fiber to reinforce the shell and create a helmet with excellent strength for its weight
- LFT shell uses a combination of polyamide and long fiberglass injected together to give the shell elasticity and rigidity that improve impact performance
- EVA foam liner provides excellent shock absorption, low-temperature toughness, and excellent low-speed impact protection
- Occigrip construction provides a firm and comfortable fit so your helmet won't roll forward or side-to-side on impact
- Comfort pads swap in and out of the inside of the helmet so you can dial in the fit (two pad thicknesses provided for easy fitting)
Share your thoughts
Not too secure
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
First off, I want to say that I love Sweet Protection Helmets. The fitting is one of the best in the industry (compared to WRSI, and other good companies). Although for the Strutter, no matter how much I tried to cinch down the helmet and add additional padding to make it secure, the helmet kept getting ripped back if you're upside down in a hole (playboating). I know a lot of good playboaters that still use this and it looks really cool, but it just wasn't for me. I traded it back in for a Sweet Protection Rocker and that one stays in place.
Best Helmet I have ever worn.
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
This helmet is super comfortable. Keeps my head nice and warm, the peak is a great addition. I have taken a few hard knocks with it and my head is intact as it has ever been. Can't recommend this helmet enough.
Trying to make a little grade ll rapid look hard...