All the protection you need for general river boating with the freedom you want for all-day playboating missions.
As the most versatile of the Sweet Protection dry tops, the Men's Shadrach Dry Top handles everything from playboating to general river use and everything in between. Sweet has a reputation for using high-quality materials and proven construction methods, and the Shadrach is proof in the flesh. Guaranteed waterproof breathable Gore-Tex Performance Shell material forms the shell of this top to seal out moisture. Yamamoto neoprene graces the neck, wrists, and waist, and grippy rubber and silicone elements throughout ensure that the seals stay securely in place. While protection is paramount (and frankly the point of a dry top), the fit of the Shadrach was a special pet project for Sweet's designers—the arms, shoulders, and waist were cut to allow for the most extreme movement in mind.
- Gore-Tex Performance Shell waterproof breathable material provides guaranteed protection against water so you stay dry and it allows sweaty moisture to escape through the material and away from your body
- Yamamoto neoprene and Lycra add a flexible stretch to both sides of the neck
- Thick latex gasket on the inside of the neck keeps water out
- Inner waist tube features lightweight, waterproof material with taped seams and grippy silicone elastic that ensures that water can't slip by
- Waist seal features Yamamoto neoprene with grippy rubber for a close, secure fit
- Inner skirt uses grippy, silicone elastic to hold the fit around your waist
- Large elastic bands give the waist a tight and solid fit right where your spray skirt interfaces with this top
- Wrist cuffs use grippy Yamamoto neoprene and include thick, latex bottleneck gaskets inside to keep water out
- Neck tube and chest drain holes allow water to escape from inside the top should a little water sneak by
- Large-volume chest pocket with zipper access
Share your thoughts
Name Says it All
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Sweet, Drytop. Good accurate sizing, good cut with no restriction of movement. Should make a good winter top for my part of the world. Looking forward to getting a lot of use out it over the next few months
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I think most boaters would agree that Sweet Protection makes some pretty sweet gear and then charge you accordingly. This trend is certainly true with the Shadrach Dry Top. I've done everything from playboating to creeking to big water and even a 3/4 mile swim through rolling 7-8 foot waves in this drytop and it's kept me dry. It's well thought out, with neoprene covers protecting the latex from the sun and a semi-dry pocket to keep those essential belongings while on the river. It can be warm if worn in warmer weather, causing sweat to build up on the inside, but so can any long sleeve top. My skirt's tunnel is a little big on me, but I don't get any water in the cockpit when I roll while wearing the top. It seems like it will be durable and the gaskets will last a while. My only complaint is that the neck gasket can rub against my adams apple and eventually leave a cut type spot after a weekend of paddling. But I haven't cut my neck gasket at all and that might well solve the issue.
It even kept me dry through this swim (no dry pants on) for what it's worth: