- Community Images
The ultimate tool for athletes who push themselves in the mountains.
From grueling triathlons to winter ascents of Colorado 14ners, count on the Suunto Ambit2 Sapphire GPS Watch to track and measure all the information you need to ensure success. Full GPS capability with a barometer provides a host of elevation, navigation, and weather readouts while multi-sport versatility allows you to quickly switch between training, cycling, running, and swimming modes. The sapphire glass lens stands up to years of use, and over 1000 free applications are available from Sunnto for even further training customization.
- Glass-fiber-reinforced composite casing with a sapphire glass lens stands up to tough use
- Lithium-Ion battery powers the watch for up to 50 hours and can be recharged via USB
- Full GPS functionality displays current location, logs routes, and allows for route planning and elevation graphing
- Barometer works with the GPS to track elevation and reduce battery usage
- Altimeter tracks and graphs total ascent and descent, vertical speed, GPS altitude, and barometric altitude
- Weather features include barometric pressure, temperature, storm alarm, and tide information
- 3D compass allows you to navigate remote wilderness and whiteout conditions
- Heart rate capability (chest strap sold separately) graphs heart rate in real time, targets heart rate zones, and sets heart rate limits
- Multisport functionality allows you to set the watch to training, running, cycling, or swimming modes
- Training functions include GPS-based speed, pace, and distance; calories; countdown timer; and EPOC and VO2 max values
- Running functions include lap comparisons and running cadence when combined with a foot POD (POD sold separately)
- Cycling functions include average and maximum bike power and graph power distribution
- Swimming functions track pace, distance, stroke rate, and time
- General watch functions include time, date, alarm, and low-battery indicator
- Adjustable backlight allows you to read the watch after the sun sets
- Water resistant to 100 meters
- Watch can be further customized with over 1000 free Suunto Applications
Share your thoughts
Outdoor Gear Lab Editors' Choice
Outdoor Gear Lab tested five of the best altimeter watches on the market in side-by-side tests over a year. These watches feature the key functions that hikers, backpackers, and climbers use the most: altimeter, barometer, digital compass, and standard time-keeping features.
Awesome multi-sport GPS watch
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
THIS WATCH ROCKS
Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Fit: True to size
Awesome watch and really pumped it now works with Strava. It is a true multi-sport watch and have used it for running, mountain biking (there is even a handlebar mount), and backcountry skiing.
The Sapphire lens has held up well and movescount is a pretty cool little program once you learn the ins and outs of it. Overall I would recommend this watch for anyone who is looking for a GPS watch for all of their activities, year round.
Strava, a sports community for athletes all over the world, lets you experience social fitness - connecting and competing with others via mobile and online apps. Strava provides motivation and camaraderie, and helps us prove that we’re out there doing what we love to do.
Connect your Movescount profile to your Strava account to transfer Moves to Strava. Any Move with GPS data can be transferred automatically, or you can choose to transfer Moves individually.
- Join ongoing run and ride challenges to help you reach new goals and get ready for race day.
- Run or ride a segment (specific section of road or trail) and compare your effort against past efforts, as well as other athletes who’ve run or ridden the same segment. See where you rank and start moving up the leader boards.
- Track all your runs, rides and cross-training
HOW TO GET STARTED
1. CONNECT WITH STRAVA
In Movescount settings [http://www.movescount.com/settings#socialmedia] click “Connect with Strava” and log into Strava. If you do not have a Strava account, register first.
2. SELECT WHICH MOVES YOU WANT TO SYNC
You can select to sync all of your Moves with GPS track, only rides or only runs with Strava. You also have an option to turn syncing off.
NOTE: Strava will accept only Moves with GPS track, so no indoor training there.
Now you are connected! After the next Movescount sync, your new Moves will be automatically transferred to Strava. To change your Strava connection settings, go to Movescount settings[http://www.movescount.com/settings#socialmedia].
Does the x landern have a back light and...
Does the x landern have a back light and do you use it.
I don't have the Ambit 2 but I do have the Ambit and not too much has changed at least with the back-light anyway. I really haven't had much use for it since I am normally wearing a headlamp at times when I would need it. Its however have some nice features where it can turn on for a few quick seconds at mile intervals without manually hitting the button for a quick readout without breaking your stride.
where is this watch manufactured?
where is this watch manufactured?
I believe all Suunto watches are made in Finland.